Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Narrative







As I was walking through Titusville's local Valentinos last night, I encountered a strange sight. I saw a young overweight boy holding an ice cream cone standing in the window looking at a cop car pass by. As soon as he started leaning in towards the window I knew I had seen this before, although, I just couldn't quite put my finger on where .

It hit me when i got home and searched my movie closet to look for a movie to watch and came across "the Goonies". I realized that was remembering a scene in the beginning of this timeless classic where chunk leans up against the window of a pizza parlor with an ice cream cone and a drink to watch a police chase, and spills his drink and ice cream all over the window and himself. I chuckled to myself at the thought and cooked myself some Orville Redenbachers popcorn and grabbed a Coke to go with such a classic movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment